Freebsd

I had  problems in installing phpMyAdmin on freebsd 8.1 i tried too many solutions but no luck.
but fortunately at the end i found a very good thread talking about ports and packages and after i read all the posts i had to say i get more understanding about Freebsd :)
as i am newbie i was very happy when i solved the issue.

some errors i faced where:
* Error: shared library "pdf.6" does not exist *** Error code 1

*can't cd to /usr/ports/print/pecl-pdflib/work/pdflib-2.1.9*** Error code 2

and the post that helped me was:
-------------------------------


Quote:

I am using the ports collection I installed from the 8.0 RELEASE CD, and correct me if I am wrong but I am starting to think this is not the "preferred" way of getting the ports collection. I should have skipped the install from the CD, and just used portsnap, right? 

Depends. Some people have bad or none internet access or slow processor etc. 
It's also not bad idea to anybody to just update ports from internet instead of downloading them all. 
In your case just update your existing ports and that is it. 
However if you suspect you've made a mess there delete all ports first:

# rm -rf /usr/ports/*

then fetch and extract new ports:
# portsnap fetch extract

then next time you only need to update ports:
# portsnap fetch update
-------------------------------


Post a Comment

0 Comments