Error when try to install portmanager on Freebsd 8.1

I receive error when I try to install portmanager from /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmanager/

the error related to tar command, so I replaced original tar port with another tar port from /usr/ports/archivers/libarchive

then I did the following to replace the old tar with new tar



# cd /usr/bin
 # ls -l *tar
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 62904 Nov 30 2011 bsdtar
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 21 Nov 30 2011 tar -> /usr/bin/bsdtar
# rm tar
# ln -s /usr/local/bin/bsdtar tar
-r-xr-xr-x 1 root wheel 62904 Nov 30 2011 bsdtar
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 21 May 3 06:36 tar -> /usr/local/bin/bsdtar


just make sure before deleting old tar, that u installed another tar port.


the following link that helped me: http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=39404





Post a Comment

0 Comments